This is a small application I wrote which takes keyboard input (QWERTY) and plays a corresponding note after mapping the computer keyboard to a piano keyboard.
How it Works:
- "J" is Middle C (C4)
- The "keyboard" is from C3 to B4 (including a little less than two full octaves)
- I am using the A440 pitch standard when determining tones played.
- When a key is pressed, the system determines which key is pressed, matches it with a note, and generates a sound at that frequency.
- I want to make use of threading and introduce the ability to "hold" a note.
- I have spent some time unsuccessfully converting the WPF applciation to Silverlight or making it availble as a web application. This is a long term goal.